Compost Books

This is a blog about my activities composting books. I may post about compost issues or book issues as I see fit. I would say this blog is about taking certain books I encounter and placing them in my compost heap in my back yard. So I call it Compost Books. I compost books that suck or that are falling apart.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

I Will Place City Wars by Dennis Palumbo in the Compost Heap Tomorrow

"He found himself wishing he'd broken his own combat rule and taken aboard a kilo of crazydust . . . The crazydust could have pushed him over the edge."

Dennis Palumbo is the sort of sci-fi writer who creates a dreary, nihilistic apocalypse-world and stocks it with characters who use a drug called crazydust.

His terrible book will be placed within my compost heap later today. I will dust the front cover with black castings and shovel compost over it. For the next few months, the book will slowly decay and rot. Then in the spring, I will sift rich compost over my lawn. And so my enemy, a book so bad I put it in my compost pile, will die and then serve me.

Check later for pictures, and possibly an announcement regarding the next compost book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home