Compost Books

This is a blog about my activities composting books. I may post about compost issues or book issues as I see fit. I would say this blog is about taking certain books I encounter and placing them in my compost heap in my back yard. So I call it Compost Books. I compost books that suck or that are falling apart.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

City Wars by Dennis Palumbo was Laid to Rest in the Compost Pile Yesterday

Let this .jpg serve as a sort of first eulogy for this terrible novel.



Now let this .jpg serve as second eulogy for a thoroughly depressing and boring stab at 70s leftie post-apocalypse sci-fi thriller.




At approximately 5:15 p.m. on Saturday, July 9, 2005, I dug a ~14" hole in the center of my compost pile. I placed a layer of melon rinds, strawberry tops, stale generic raisin bran cereal and black castings at the bottom of the pit. I laid my battered copy of City Wars by Dennis Palumbo at the bottom.



I then filled in the grave with probably about 11" of compost, then an inch or so of grass clippings. I then lay a touching bouquet of purple flowers as a final memorial to an unreadable book.



I am strangely unmoved and empty, but I will gather some thoughts and post them within a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home