Compost Books

This is a blog about my activities composting books. I may post about compost issues or book issues as I see fit. I would say this blog is about taking certain books I encounter and placing them in my compost heap in my back yard. So I call it Compost Books. I compost books that suck or that are falling apart.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Will the Next Compost Book be The Stand by Stephen King

I have very fond memories of this book. It was one of my favorite books growing up. The copy I have is not the first I read, it may have belonged to an old girlfriend. This copy has been in my possession at least a decade.

While I don't read horror genre books or King anymore, I still have respect for this book. It's epic, effective and I always thought the ending was perfect. King understands that the existence of dark supernatural forces suggests the existence of good, or at least sort of good. As I have grown older I have more respect for the Old Testament worldview so maybe I should give The Stand a read again.

But this is not the copy to do it with. It's old, falling apart. It's time for it to go and I can't imagine this copy being purchased by anyone or surviving any kind of transit. It might not make it to the compost pile. I will try to post pics of the damaged book tomorrow and may possibly compost then as well. If I do not compost then, I will do so when I return from vacation on July 28.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home